Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

Default OT----Opinions requested on a moral dillema

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 19:17:36 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:03:54 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
Asch quickly quoth:

Having a weapon on your person, is far far better than having one 12"
out of reach. Trust me on this....Im alive because I believe in
this...

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...26/ai_82533205

Hmmm, the guy didn't like the Glaser safety rounds. When I was picking
up some 9mm practice ammo at BiMart the other day, I saw Remington's
Self-Defense rounds. It's a jacketed hollow point with a needle in the
center! Ever used/heard of these things? $12.99 for 25 rounds.

the "needle" indicates its a Hydroshock bullet or similar design. Its
intended to help stablilze the bullet..ie keep it point forwards as
the jacket peels back and the lead core expands. Pretty good round. I
keep my .45 street guns loaded with them.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/ammo_by_anonymous.htm suggests that the
Remington 115 grain 9mm JHPs I found for $8.99 would be fine for
defensive use.

Not a bad article. Ive some disagreements with some of his
conclusions, based on my own terminal ballistics testing, and viewing
a number of shooting reviews and autopsies..but pretty decent.

One example is his usage of 00 buck, which I dislike tremendously. I
much rather..and do..use #4 buck in the shotguns.

Shrug..but all in all..not bad. Oh..Federal Nyclad hollowpoints are
what I carry in the 38 belly guns, and the .357s, but Federal
discontinued them late last year, so finding them is becoming
problematic. In the .41 Mag. I carry a SWC hollowpoint of my own
design, that seems to be a decent self defense round based on duct
seal, water jug and coyote testing.

I might mention that the few 9s I own..are loaded with 124gr
Hydroshocks, though I concurr with his statements on other good loads
in the Wonder Nine.

Gunner

-- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels --
http://diversify.com Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases

for torturing the cat." Gunner