Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

Default Can I move Washing machine?

In message , Set Square
writes
powerstation wrote:

"Set Square" wrote in message

Is the sink on an outside wall? If so, can't you take the pipe out
through the wall at low level, and straight into a drain, rather
than connecting to
the sink waste?
--
Cheers,
Set Square

I dont think you are allowed to discharge waste water into a rain
water drain.

Who said anything about a rainwater drain? Perhaps I wasn't explicit
enough - but I meant the same foul water gulley as the sink discharges into.

Anyway, it depends on the house. Many older houses have combined foul
water and rainwater drains - our last house 1930's semi was like this,
as is our current Victorian house.

Back to the OP, I don't think their suggestion is practical either. If
you wanted to do it you'd have to work out a way of running a proper
waste pipe around the kitchen either behind (move the cupboards out....)
or inside the cupboards. You'd have to run the water supply around as
well.

--
Chris French