Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony

Default Garage door opener question

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Mike Dobony wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Mike Dobony wrote:

How would a lightning strike cause it to open part way or close
part way, and then reverse? How would a lightning strike only
cause the problem in cold weather? ALL the openers do the same
thing, sense an overload and reverses. Raise the opening and
closing force and it works for a short time. Raise the force to
max and it still does this! I am ready for a new opener with
service support to come and deal with the situation if it arises
again. I'll let THEM deal with it. Hence the original question
regarding Chamberlain LiftMaster versus the Allstar. Any comments
on the question instead your lack of suggestions?

I was using the lightning strike as an example of how un-likely
it is that the units were all bad. Not that they were all actually
hit by lightning.

You just have not yet found the problem.

And neither have the pros! Therefore I am ready to get something
better than the DIY openers found in the stores and have someone
else do the install AND the service.

I suggest that replacing openers is not going to help. There is
no reason why the ones you have tried be fore would all be bad. It
is almost certain that there is something there that you have not
replaced that is causing the problem. You would only be putting in
a more expensive non-fix.

Okay, then give me some ideas instead of saying to fix it and say
noting to look at! I have had several professional door people look
at it and THEY find nothing wrong with the setup except to say it is
a very heavy door. The only other thing to replace is the whole door!

It means going by the numbers again. Something is there. I can't see
it but there is something. I can say that it appears the professional(s)
you have had out, have missed it, maybe it is time to try someone else.

And how many more others do you suggest I contact before recognizing that a
store-bought unit just is not built well enough for my door? I want
something that works BEFORE springtime.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit