Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default How much horsepower is really needed?

Contrary to popular belief, small motors are not rated by output horsepower.
They are rated by input horsepower, how much power they consume. This, of
course, allows variation of actual output according to motor efficiency but,
for reasonable quality motors of the same type, there is not a lot of
efficiency difference. Volts * amps / 746
"AAvK" wrote in message

143 7/8 horsepower. If you go as low as 143 3/4, you will not be able to
produce any serious work whatsoever.
Seriously, I have a 1 horse saw. I have ripped 2 inch thick liptus using

combo blade. Had to be careful about feed rate but didn't have any

problem
with it. More power would be nice but this works.

That's sounds alright and workin, but how does one find_out the exact

horse power of a motor?

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com