Wayne Cook

Default 3.5 horse Brigs repair help!

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:06:37 -0500, Treefrog
wrote:

Wayne Cook wrote in
:

Seal All

Wayne,

I think you're right on the money now. The carb I have is exactly as you
describe and I have two problems to be fixed. 1, the fuel bowl in the tank
needs rebuilding and 2, the main jet is blocked and I may have to remove
the welch plug to get at it.

The jet itself is exposed on the side of the stem. It takes a pretty
small wire to poke through it. My preferred jet cleaner is a single
strand off the kill cable of a old lawn mower.

I've contacted Seal-All and Walmart should sell it. I'll put off the carb,
soak the lower appendage with the main jet in release oil and repair the
tank while it soaks. If I can't get the jet clear I'll remove the welch
plug (drill a small hole and prize it out) and attack it that way.

If there's a lot of corrosion the welch plug may of rusted through
and need replaced anyway. The jet is easy to clean but sometimes the
tube going up gets stopped up.

What would be my chance of finding a used tank in good condition??

That's a somewhat rare tank being so new. I know that I've not got
one but you might try a few small engine places and see if they've got
one. A new one could be ordered from Briggs but I'm not sure what it
would cost.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX