Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

Default Is there such a thing as a comfortable sleeper sofa?

"Bishoop" wrote in message

"ng_reader" wrote in message
Just posing this question out there.

I know that they are all sofas pretty well, but, the sleeper part is

never
good.

Has anyone ever had a restful night sleeping on one of these, and,

perhaps
more importantly, do you know who made it?

I realize this is sort of off topic, but just wondering if there isn;t
something I should be looking for with my next sleeper sofa.

Alright, its my first.

TIA

Mr. Curious

Try a futon....

Let me amend that to say a futon-style drop-down couch frame, but with
conventional mattresses instead of that damn bag of lint. I bought a top-of
the line from one of the big chains a few years back, only used it as a bed
a few times, and at the end of the first year it looked like a prison
mattress. Threw the cushion away, and had a local mattress store make me
custom foam cushions the same size. Not bad now. Not like a real bed, but
tolerable for a night or three, which is about all the longer I want company
staying anyway.

Now as to those regular sofa sleepers- forget it- never been on one where
that damn bar didn't jab me in the back all night. Usually end up pulling
out the 2" mattress, and sleeping on that on the floor, after folding the
couch back up. If I'm visiting someone who only has that to offer, I bring a
sleeping bag/airbed or stay in a hotel.