Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default Update on machinist trainee

"Gary Brady" wrote in message
ink.net...
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

Doesn't matter much now that I'm retired and getting that monthly check.
Still, and I know some guys are going to find it hard to believe, I

don't
feel real good about collecting the money. I just can't shake that

feeling
of charity received, which is not something that I've ever done. As I
stated, with great pride, I've always earned my way in life, and,

lacking an
education, by hard work.
Harold

You know, Harold, I've always despised paying into Social Security,
because I've long realized what a bad deal it is, but I've never felt
one shred of negativity toward a guy such as yourself, who's paid into
it all his life. You were forced into a pact with your government,
willing or not, and now I think you should spend that money with a
joyous heart while proclaiming "What a great country this is!"

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

My heartfelt thanks. Really!! :-)