Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default OT----Opinions requested on a moral dillema

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:54:15 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

"rigger" wrote in message
snip---great stuff, though. And I agree, profiling is what smart people
do. When frisk old ladies in wheel chairs when the enemy is known to be

young male?

Sorry, Harold, but smart people would frisk EVERYONE every time if
there was a chance of one smuggling weapons or bombs aboard aircraft.
Smart people would check all FREIGHT, too.

Does that tell you what the priorities of these goons are?

Oh yeah! I agree. It's not that I'm against proper security, but when a
notice of a particular type individual is posted, and a tired old gal in a
wheel chair is frisked while someone that closely matches the description is
waved through, for fear of "profiling"--something's badly broken in how we
do things. That was my point. If you're looking for an old long gray
haired Greek that wears a beard and has way too much to say, then that's who
you should be paying attention to. Even if it offends him when he's not
the guy.

No, I'm not guilty. I was just using myself as an example. g

Harold