Gunner

Default Survival Steam Engine Question

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:18:37 GMT, (John
Flanagan) wrote:

Gunner, wouldn't it be easier to convert a gas engine to alcohol and
then just distill your own hooch for it. A reflux distiller can get
195 proof in one run. You can ferment all sorts of trash and boiling
can be done with almost any heat source although heat control is
important for a reflux column.

John

Interesting idea, if one has sufficent biomass for the fermentation
process. The steam engine idea would burn local wood, from either
trees, deadfalls or buildings.

Excellent idea however, and one Ill look into. What amount of 'trash"
does it take to make enough alcohol to run a Honda Generator a few
hours a day/week?

Gunner

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get.
So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs