Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default Update on machinist trainee

"Gary Brady" wrote in message
nk.net...
snip----

Harold, were you a sole proprietorship or corporation? As a
corporation, you could have held all your business assets as personal
property and then rented them to the corporation. Rent income is not
subject to social security taxes.

Sole proprietorship was the route I chose. Considering it was many years
ago, I don't recall my rationale, but I think it was the simplest way for
me. I certainly could have been wrong----- I'm as bad at accounting as I
am at making music----my only talent has always been running machines.
Doesn't matter much now that I'm retired and getting that monthly check.
Still, and I know some guys are going to find it hard to believe, I don't
feel real good about collecting the money. I just can't shake that feeling
of charity received, which is not something that I've ever done. As I
stated, with great pride, I've always earned my way in life, and, lacking an
education, by hard work.

Harold