Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

Default Update on machinist trainee x

snip
Since you are posting to a metalworking newsgroup why
not use your talent to make something out of metal and sell it?
Really. As a smart guy I'm sure if you look around you will find a
product that is not being made.

snip
and herein lies the tale.... For at least the last 50 years the
American public education systems have been geared to producing
an organizational man that will be 'productive' [only] in large
organizations with no effort [and in some cases discouragment] to
suggest self-employment. For people that like order, stability
and continuity [like politicians and educators] the self-employed
are a cramp ITA because they are always trying something new and
ask too many questions, such as 'what's in it for me."

I don't have a solution to this.

Uncle George