jim rozen

Default Survival Steam Engine Question

In article , Gunner says...

Some places water wells are far too deep to be able to operate a hand
pump, while modifying an generator or mechanical pump to run from a
belt drive would not be that hard.

Agree. I suspect that such areas would revert to
'uninhabited' in the absence of electrical power
though. Think of the areas where deep water
was available at one time - windmills were
often used.

Its not a matter of staying connected, but the ability to run tools by
either electrical generation or belt drive thats important.

As I mentioned before, electically operated tools probably
drop way down on the priority list pretty quick.

Water, food, sanitation. Probably in that order.
Hand pump, .22 for shooting squirrels, and an outhouse.

Jim

please reply to: