Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Connecting a 110 Volt 300 watt generator to a 220 Volt panel

Nick,

The 'assume' that the3 breaker is off, was for you guys in answering my
question. For me, I AM DARN SURE!

On this thread I have learned the following:

"120V to a 240V water heater works just fine. My inlaws had theirs
wired
that way by some idiot electrician. The drawback is that recovery time
is
_abysmally_ slow (4 times slower). You can imagine what a house with
this problem and four women in it is like when it comes to showers. "

In addition, if I timeshare the refridge with the water heater, and
keep the 5,000 BTU A/C running, the 3,000 watt generator should
suffice.

Longer run times, less noise, lighter, and OK for an EMERGENCY!

If you had seen the miles l----o------n------ g (no) gas lines after
Wilma, you would understand my concern about using as little gas as
possible.