Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Chuck

Default Gluing Wood to Metal?

dalecue wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

CA is only good for bonding things that you don't want to stay together
for very long

I have to laugh every time I see a statement like this. Probably 20
years ago, when I had my first .45 pistol (a Colt Gold Cup, for anyone
interested), the front site sheared off just below the level of the
slide, while I was firing a magazine of ball ammo. I took it to my
local gunsmith who reattached it with a _drop_ of Crazy Glue. This was
back in the days before "Jet," "Hot Shot" and all the other super-duper
brands that we hear are so much superior.

In any case, I was somewhat dubious, but took him at his word, paid my
$5 and left. I probably fired an additional 5000+ rounds through that
piece, many of them custom hotloads (200gr HC at about 1200fps) that I
carried for a defense round. I finally sold the piece 7 or 8 years
later, and at that time it still sported it's Crazy Glued front site.

FWIW...