Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default OT----Opinions requested on a moral dillema

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:
Perhaps you're right, but I was thinking of the studies some time ago
(sorry, no cites. Just recalling what I saw on TV) where white rats were
kept in heavy concentration. As they became more and more

overpopulated,
they became very aggressive towards one another.

Lack of privacy does that to humans, also. Think about that the next time
you're scoping out strangers at the market.

Jon

I can only assume that you're not making reference to the ordeal at HD in
this instance. I was hardly *scoping* anyone---but it wasn't too hard to
see what was going on when you understand the fittings as I do. It all
began very innocently----which is what created the dilemma for me. I know
what's right from wrong, but what should one do in a circumstance such as
this? Stand by as if it didn't happen? I'd be grateful if it was my store
and someone spoke up. That's how I made my decision.

Having said that,

Yeah, I agree. It's amazing how private some people are. We asked some new
neighbors, after "knowing" them for several weeks, how they met. She was
highly insulted. Must have had something to hide. To us, it was a way to
strengthen bonds. Apparently, to her, it was being way too nosy. Sigh.
Another incident later told me that she was trouble, and we simply quit
talking to them. Prior to that, when I'd talked to her husband alone, he
had implied that she was somewhat strange in that regard.

Harold