Gunner

Default Survival Steam Engine Question

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 02:30:36 GMT, "oktr6r"
wrote:

"Bill Janssen" wrote in message

snip

After reading some of the other comments I still think it would be a fun

project.
All I want is one or two horsepower driving a car alternator. I would

prefer
a boiler that could take wood as the fuel but any fuel would be OK.

Probably won't ever build such a device but I would like to.

Alternator or generator? If you use an altenator, you'll need a battery for
it to start charging. A generator doesn't require one. If you'll include a
battery, the altenator would be better.

Les

batteries will be around a very long time, even after the sources of
gasoline go away. Every motor vehicle has one, so collecting them
would be easy, charging them is the problem.

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs