Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks

Default Need to leave window open , but keep heat out!

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi , this is going to sound daft but..

I need to keep the heat in (it's cold outside)

I need to keep the window open.

there is a small 30cm satellite dish on the window sill I need for sky
digital (the tv reception here is appalling - dreadful - you can barely
make out the shapes on the screen)

Would something like this be of any use?

http://www.daveswebshop.com/d911.shtml

It is a flat cable (about 2-3mm thick (from memory, the last time I saw
one!)

I have no idea if it will drastically affect the signal, but as it is quite
short, I would think it will be OK.

If your windows have a rubber type seal, it may be possible to close the
window on it (and it is only about £4 so no great loss if it doesn't!)

You will also need a short normal co-ax (with F connectors on) to go from
the dish to this thing, then use your original cable top go to the set top
box.

Sparks...