Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Need to leave window open , but keep heat out!

On 18 Nov 2005 15:02:24 -0800, wrote:

| Hi , this is going to sound daft but..
|

| I need to keep the heat in (it's cold outside)
|
| I need to keep the window open.
|
| there is a small 30cm satellite dish on the window sill I need for sky
| digital (the tv reception here is appalling - dreadful - you can barely
| make out the shapes on the screen)
|
| This dish is realy really small - unbelievable
|

| With the window open , how can I keep the heat out.
|
| Are there any really 'heavy' curtains or anything.

| Incredibly, despite the temperature difference it's not *too* bad.
|

| I use a sheet of fabric to cover the hole in the wall (light proof
| curtain lining from john lewis).
|
| As well as that I draw the curtain.

A sat dish will receive a signal through *plain* glass, but not through
the more modern heat saving glass.

uk.tech.digital-tv is thataway
They know more about sat reception than I do.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sat Ch4, Ch5, only GBP20
http://www.freesatfromsky.com - "what is freesat?" - "view T&C" -