Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony

Default Garage door opener question

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Mike Dobony wrote:
I have just fought my last fight with diy garage door openers! The
motor holds up, but the door refuses to open OR close when cold
weather comes in. I have had the door checked several times and it
is fine. I am now looking at the Allstar MVP opener or the
Chamberlain LiftMaster opener, either to be installed and maintained
by a garage door company. If there are any problems, let THEM take
care of it. The Allstar is all metal gears, but I can not find any
info about the Chamberlain. The Allstar is a full roller chain, no
cable. The Chamberlain is the belt drive. The Allstar 20 year
warranty covers the entire drive train and only 2 years on the
electronics. The Chamberlain's lifetime waranty covers only the motor
and belt, and 5 years on everything else. The Allstar supposedly has
a "shock-absorbing door arm" to "soak up the sudden stops and starts
of typical use, protecing the door and opener," however I see nothing
in the manual about this arm. Anybody have any personal experience
with either of these units? Thanks.

Do you mean that after detaching the opener from the door, it opens

and
closes properly and will remain half way fully open and fully closed

without
assistance and moves without any unusual force?

Yes, professionally checked.

What have you checked on the opener. It would seem the problem is not
finding the problem, not the opener.

openerS!!! I have had several openers with the same problem. EVERY one had
the same problem.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit