Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default What's up with LV forstner bits?

"AAvK" wrote in message

Hey, that's cool! glad you got the right deal. My point is realistic as a

test
and approval, however, and why pay that much for the LV bits if they are
Chinese, if the Oldhams are as well, Chinese? You got a spare 40 bucks,
pick up the set I recommend and test the **** out of them, OK? They are
still hard HSS for the money, and just as Chinese.

I'd accept your argument on the condition that the company selling you the
Chinese bits backed up the warranty of what they sell as well as LV does.
Having that in mind is why LV usually gets my business.