Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Need to leave window open , but keep heat out!

Hi , this is going to sound daft but..

I need to keep the heat in (it's cold outside)

I need to keep the window open.

there is a small 30cm satellite dish on the window sill I need for sky
digital (the tv reception here is appalling - dreadful - you can barely
make out the shapes on the screen)

This dish is realy really small - unbelievable

With the window open , how can I keep the heat out.

Are there any really 'heavy' curtains or anything.

Incredibly, despite the temperature difference it's not *too* bad.

I use a sheet of fabric to cover the hole in the wall (light proof
curtain lining from john lewis).

As well as that I draw the curtain.

Any suggestions please?!