Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

Default Should I do 9' or 10' walls in a shop?

"Keith Carlson" writes:

piping under that. I've seen that on a couple of websites and it looks like
a very cool idea. What you lose by having a higher floor, you'd gain back by
more clearance above, and you can run pipes under the floor to machines in
the middle of the room without them being in the way as they would if
dropped from the ceiling.

My original plan actually called for a full 10" wood floor over the
concrete. I needed to reduce the cost so I dropped back to plywood over
treated 2x4 sleepers.

I doubt I would regret not having the full floor in the long run.

Brian Elfert