Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default Harbor Freight DC

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:23:02 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
wrote:

mac davis wrote:
I've got a 1.5HP Penn State with their optional muffler. It's quiet enough
that you can easily carry on a conversation in my two car "shop" without
having to shout. I bet it'd fit your machine.

Just curious.. going by the "no free lunch" theory, how much does the muffler
cut down efficiency?

I have no idea. I ordered the muffler at the same time as everything else so
it's never been run without it. I've got more than adequate slurp power.

well, that's a great recommendation... sort of "it does what I bought it for",
which is about as good as you get.. *g*

I'll check it out... noise isn't a big problem now, but we'll be moving to Baja
in a few years and the DC and compressor will be outside, so low noise will be a
priority..
thanks!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing