Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Olives for compression fittings

Andy Wade wrote:
Broadback wrote:

Yes but is there an easy way to get the old ones off?

Using a junior hacksaw cut diagonally almost but not quite right through
the olive - stop just before you'd be cutting into the pipe. Then
insert a flat blade screwdriver into the kerf and twist. The olive will
then ping off. Easy.

--
Andy

I do the same (ish) but it's rarely straightforward. I find the lack of
room to manouevre the saw blade and just getting a starting cut without
the saw slipping always comes into it.

If these olive pullers are as good as I've heard people say they are
then they will definitely be on my tool list.