Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

Default 1 more carpet fitting question...

In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
mo wrote:
"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
mo wrote:
Grippers - do I need them?

For fitted carpet, it's far better to use them, unless
the carpet is to be stuck down. They're cheap, you know.

Paying someone £25 to do it for me, It will prob take me ages to work
out exactly how to put the grippers in etc etc - he can prob do it in
under an hour, i will make a note to watch eactly what he does and
how for next time!

are you sure you're not a woman? and blond at that. :-)

The place where you bought the carpet would have supplied and fitted
carpet/underlay and grippers, for what you've laid out up to now.

Since we don't know what he has paid so far how can we judge. There is
no such thing as 'free fitting' or 'free grippers' etc. it's all in
the price somewhere.

--
Chris French