Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Lighted Switch

CJT wrote:
Walter R. wrote:

I have outside lights that are controlled by inside switches. The
lights cannot be seen from the inside.

I have often left these lights on for days, inadvertently.

I know there are illuminated switches that are lit when the lights are
off. But I cannot find switches that are lit when the lights are *ON*.

There are switches with small indicator lights; here's an example
(found via a quick google search of "light switch" "pilot light"):

http://www.smarthome.com/4246.html

You should be able to find one locally. Ask for a switch/pilot light
combination.

How can I tell when my outside lights are on?

Thank you

Hi,
Even HD has it. You you use jumper on the switch either way you want.
Tony