Pookie45678

Default Suggestions? Weedwacker motor

Any details on how you built these engines?

I generally design the engine around the crankshaft and piston diameter. The
steam engine is single-acting, 1 3/16 in.bore, and the gas engines are
four-stroke with cast iron cylinder liners. One is an open design to show the
working parts and the other in an enclosed crankcase design. All parts are made
from bar stock. Some of the crankshafts are small enough that I can mill out a1
1/2 by 2 in. block of aluminum to form the main bearings and pad for the
cylinder in one piece. This is how the steam engine was made. I am thinking
about a Stirling using the same concept, using only the crankshaft and
connecting rod. The connecting rod would drive the displacer and the power
piston would be driven by a crank fitted to the tapered end of the crankshaft,
with a flywheel on the other side. Unfortunately, I don't have any drawings on
these. I like to design as I go and leave room to improvise and change on the
fly. I am also looking at the plans for the Radial Five in HSM and wondering,
What if it were twice as big.......
Hope this helps.

Jim
Don't raise the bridge, lower the water