Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default Is this combination workable?

"Kevin" wrote:

Christmas is coming and I've pretty much decided what to get family
and friends so that part of the shopping is completed. Not finished
mind you, but the hard part is out of the way. The wife always wants
the same thing so she is taken care of. That leaves me.

I would like to finish my bowl bottoms using Cole jaws. I've seen on
at least one site how to make my own but my workshop lacks the tools
that would let me do a really good job of it (not to mention the space
for those missing tools!) Mini Cole jaws would fit my Jet 1236
however I have only a single SuperNova chuck. I was thinking abut
getting the Nova Midi Chuck but am a bit concerned whether the
combination of the two will work. Do the midi jaws have enough heft
to handle the Cole jaws?

I'd think so. The Cole jaws I had were cast aluminum (or somesuch). Very
light weight.