Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Faulkner

Default 1 more carpet fitting question...

In message , mo
writes
Grippers - do I need them?

I plan to just roll out the underlay and then just roll the carpet on top -
and if needed knock in a couple of nails in all corners to hold it in
place - a few carpet fitting guides I am reading online suggest grippers as
it will stop the carpet from having 'bumps' when you roll furniture onto
it..... the carpets fitted aroudn the house that were done by pros do have
gripeprs and look nice, equally carpet around other rooms don't have
grippers and look fine (but dont have udnerlay - which is what will make it
harder)

Suggestions?

I don't much fancy buying loads of rods of grippers

500ft for about £30 - have a look on ebay.

--
Richard Faulkner