Bill Fill

Default Rockwell Vertical Mill Owners....

Marty-

I had one apart last winter. The spanner nut is held in place by a tab
washer. IIRC, you have to release two of the tabs before removing the
spanner nut.

-Bill Fill

"Marty Escarcega" wrote in message
I am taking the head apart for inspection and cleaning on a Rockwell
Vertical Mill, I have the motor housing off the head, but to get the
spindle pulley out is a dickens. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have to
remove that spanner nut on the bottom side of the pulley? I tried tapping
at it with a punch no go. Is it right hand thread or left hand thread? I
guess I need to make a spanner socket to get it loose. Any help or

guidance
appreciated!

Marty