Bill Fill

Default Rockwell Vertical Mill Owners....

Marty-

I had one apart last winter. The spanner nut is held in place by a tab
washer. IIRC, you have to release two of the tabs before removing the
spanner nut.

-Bill Fill

"Marty Escarcega" wrote in message
I am taking the head apart for inspection and cleaning on a Rockwell
Vertical Mill, I have the motor housing off the head, but to get the
spindle pulley out is a dickens. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have to
remove that spanner nut on the bottom side of the pulley? I tried tapping
at it with a punch no go. Is it right hand thread or left hand thread? I
guess I need to make a spanner socket to get it loose. Any help or

guidance
appreciated!

Marty

Marty Escarcega

[posted and mailed]

"Bill Fill" wrote in
et:

Marty-

I had one apart last winter. The spanner nut is held in place by a
tab washer. IIRC, you have to release two of the tabs before removing
the spanner nut.

-Bill Fill

"Marty Escarcega" wrote in message
I am taking the head apart for inspection and cleaning on a Rockwell
Vertical Mill, I have the motor housing off the head, but to get the
spindle pulley out is a dickens. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have
to remove that spanner nut on the bottom side of the pulley? I tried
tapping at it with a punch no go. Is it right hand thread or left
hand thread? I guess I need to make a spanner socket to get it loose.
Any help or

guidance
appreciated!

Marty

Thanks Bill, geez, it would be easy to pound down the tabs but how do you
get them back up? The nut is recessed about 1-1/2" inside the pulley.
I'll take a look tomorrow.
Marty