clare @ snyder.on .ca

Default Clean shops.

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:41:30 GMT, Gerald Miller
wrote:

Many years ago, I worked in quarters adjacent to a gov't maintenance
facility. The facility manager, over the years, had developed a good
concept of his requirements in disposable stores to enable his four
man staff to work efficiently, and had built stock accordingly. One
weekend, the manager was an accident victim and monday afternoon, a
bean counter arrived from headquarters to review the facility and
appoint the shop foreman as manager. Late that evening, I got a
frantic call from the foreman asking my assistance in moving stores
into hiding in my area to preserve them from destruction by the bean
counter as "inventory over and above authorized levels" One example
was that only two spare outer lenses were authorized for the hood worn
by the chap doing heavy duty sand blasting (he used a new one every
morning and again after lunch, plus an occasional replacement for
accidental breakage)
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

The average bean counter can put an efficient business out of business
in about 18 months if given free reign. No concept of reality, and a
slave to "process".