Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default OT----Opinions requested on a moral dillema

On 17 Nov 2005 10:37:12 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Kitty Genovese

38 good citizens witnessed her being murdered over the course of a
half hour or more. And no one did dick to help her.

I wonder why this thread brings her to mind?

I'm suprised you would bring her up. Aren't you supposed
to say "that's what she gets for living in NY?"

Jim

Brain damage is what you get for living in NY.

So Jim..care to address the implied question?

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams