Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default OT----Opinions requested on a moral dillema

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
snip--
That's the case from the chapter I mentioned in Cialdini's book,
Harold. "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion"

Interestingly, look where the biggest loser, with the most vial of

comments
directed towards me, lives-----It's as if living in heavily populated

areas
tends to desensitize people---as long as it's not their problem, it isn't
happening. Very strange, for eventually your number comes up. Who do
you turn to? Why would you expect anyone to care when you didn't?

Another of the socialogical quirks we all need to be aware of that
Cialdini mentions is that if you're hurt or need help, don't make a
general plea like "HELP!", do NOT ask "everyone" for help. Look one
person in the eye and ask them or command them to do something you
need done right now. Asking everyone results in everyone waiting for
someone else to move, and nobody does.

Knowing that can save your life.

As for your detractors, their karma is coming. If they live in NYC,
part of it has already arrived. g

--
REBOOT AMERICA!

Thanks, Larry. So nice to know that there are rational people out there.

Harold