Dave Ficken

Default FS- South Bend 13"

gary wilkin wrote in message .. .

Yes, you are quite correct, it is not 5C compatible and has the 1 7/8" - 8
spindle thread. But with a spindle bore a little over an inch, you can pass
an inch thru with the chucks on it.
I suppose the biggest drawback is that 2A collets end at 11/16", but it
does have a full set, in 32nds, up to that range.

I thought someone here might want it because I made it plug and play with
the 110V motor. Oh well....

Dave, you being in the bidness and all, do you think I am asking to much
for it? Would you give me a price you do think it's worth?

Not sure it can pass an inch all the way through the headstock. I got
rid of my 13" w/ 1-7/8" spindle for that reason.
Anyway, the price is within reason for the right buyer, especially if
the condition is very good. Subtract a few hundred dollars if it has
the single tumbler gearbox (judging by the spindle, it just might.)
Jim speculated as to whether the spindle can be upgraded to a later
2-1/4" x 8 spindle. The answer is yes, it can (d1-4 or LOO too) South
Bend used the same bearing diameters, just like they did on the 10L's
between the 1-7/8 and 2-1/4" (d1-4 or LOO too) spindles.
The spindle bore is therfore only a temporary set back until a
bigger-bore spindle can be located on Ebay or elsewhere.

regards,
dave