Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

Default Should I do 9' or 10' walls in a shop?

B a r r y writes:

Brian Elfert wrote:

Are 9' walls still enough clearance if I switch to a flat ceiling? Are
10' walls really worth all the extra lumber and heating/cooling expense?

They would be from this guy's POV. I work under 7' ceilings. G

Remember, you're probably going to have lights, DC tubes, etc...
hanging, so the extra space would be worth it for the net height.

I forgot about DC piping. That was going to run up high in my vaulted
ceiling. I should plan on 10' walls and can go back to 9' later if things
change.

Brian Elfert