Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

Default Should I do 9' or 10' walls in a shop?

Brian Elfert wrote:

Are 9' walls still enough clearance if I switch to a flat ceiling? Are
10' walls really worth all the extra lumber and heating/cooling expense?

They would be from this guy's POV. I work under 7' ceilings. G

Remember, you're probably going to have lights, DC tubes, etc...
hanging, so the extra space would be worth it for the net height.

I've found areas with higher ceilings easier to light, as the light can
spread out more before it reaches bench and tool tops. You may need
fewer lights with 10' vs. 9' ceilings.

You could always add some sort of ceiling fan(s) to help with heating
and cooling.

10' ceilings... drool...