gradstdnt

Default FS- South Bend 13"

Poor excuse indeed. I've managed to move a 13" Clausing
Colchester into my basement. This required disassembly
but it all went right through the front door. This is a
much heavier
machine than the SB 13". Moving my lathe into the
garage was not a big deal. It does require a bit
more space than a 10" machine but is also a much
more capable machine.

I've had friends ask me to assist them when looking
for a specific item. I would find them a great
deal and even then they will find an excuse to
pass on the deal. Some people are born tire kickers.

"Ken Davey" wrote in message ...
"Charles A. Sherwood" wrote in message
Seriously, I've been underwhelmed by responses to this fine old lathe. I
guess it's in the local want ads it goes.

I looked at a 13 inch south bend. Its just too big for most home shops.
Even Dave ficken told me that 13 inch machines don't sell well
because the HSM guys can't fit em in their shops.

chuck

Poor excuse for not jumping on a fine lathe!

Regards
Ken.