Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin

Default Is this combination workable?

Christmas is coming and I've pretty much decided what to get family and
friends so that part of the shopping is completed. Not finished mind you,
but the hard part is out of the way. The wife always wants the same thing
so she is taken care of. That leaves me.

I would like to finish my bowl bottoms using Cole jaws. I've seen on at
least one site how to make my own but my workshop lacks the tools that would
let me do a really good job of it (not to mention the space for those
missing tools!) Mini Cole jaws would fit my Jet 1236 however I have only a
single SuperNova chuck. I was thinking abut getting the Nova Midi Chuck but
am a bit concerned whether the combination of the two will work. Do the
midi jaws have enough heft to handle the Cole jaws?