Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal

Default pallet jack, "the oil change scenario", where's it start? (semi-exciting)

In article q31ff.5594$0h5.3762@dukeread10,
dave wrote:

I have a steel gallon can of "ford tractor hydraulic oil" here (canned,
and sold by ford motor company, possibly decades ago). any reason I
shouldn't use this in my pallet jack? this oil is *definitely* brand
new, but it's "new old stock" (can looks old, outside was rusty...).
remember: toolie is a tightwad :-)

Pretty definitely before they sold off the tractor division to New
Holland, at a guess...

You might want to save that can and put it up for sale to the tractor
collector crowd. If you saw my backhoe, you'd know I wasn't one of them,
but they have been known to enhance the finances of tightwads with
things that say "Ford" or "John Deere" or "Allis Chalmers" on them...