Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Default Visit to Axminster Power Tools Show last weekend

wrote:

Me too, and I'm already hankering after an upgrade, but it is my job
as well I suppose.

My job too - but most of the time I'm just using high-functionality text
editors, nothing more.

If you shop around you can often find something that satisfies but
isn't a totally OTT price. My Metabo cordless fits that category (for
me anyway), I got it when it was on special offer at just over £100
which is, I suppose, sort of middling price for a 12v cordless. It's
a really excellent tool though, I really can't think of anything that
would improve it.

Not knocking Metabo, they make great tools - but you should really take
a look at the brushless motor drill from Festool. The motor gives
smooth, steady torque right from low speed through to high. Lovely.

When I bought the Metabo I looked at some Ryobi stuff, for me at least
it was simply too big.

This is one of the problems for me, the other big one being battery life
- the batteries just plain suck.

--
Grunff