Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Visit to Axminster Power Tools Show last weekend

"Grunff" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

How much? All the accessories makes it about £500. For a drill/driver?
Please. It good. but not that good.

Well, it's all relative. Sometimes I
buy something not necessarily
because it's good value for money,
but because it's nice and I want it.

That is the toy syndrome.

For example, the PC I'm using to write this is much, much faster than it
needs to be. I could probably comfortably use a PC that's 1/4 the price.
But I choose not to.

You are probably future proofing your self. I did that one buying a Pentium
2 when P1s were far cheaper. I had the machine for 7 years and it still
worked pretty fast enough.

The Festool drill would fall into a similar category for me. I could
have a Makita that offers similar functionality for maybe half the
price, but the Festool is so nicely engineered, it'll make you smile
every time you use it. That's worth a lot to me.

What does it do? IT drill bloody holes. It is a drill driver with an angle
attachment. It oozes quality, but there is a limit. I have a Bosch 12v
drill/driver and ergonomically is the business, but let down on quality.

But I would "probably" buy the Ryobi kit for around £106, which has a
battery angle drill and drill/driver, so no playing with attachments,

and
just pick up the drills and go. http://tinyurl.com/d9bf9 Although the

Kress
is a quality product.

I don't have any real life experience of Kress (I've seen them in the
shop, but that's it). But I do have some experience of Ryobi, and while
they're ok, they're not my cup of tea.

For what they are and the price they are very good. Horses for courses
again.

Kress angle drill attachments are very neat.
http://www.kress-elektrik.de/en/prod...?categorie=443

This is now being sold under the Wickes label at £40 off at the mo'.