Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

Default Extracting and Reinstalling SMT IC

In article .com,
says...

Hi,

Could SMT IC be extracted and reinstalled with new ones?

Most certainly it can. Doing so properly requires the correct
tools (fairly expensive), and a good deal of skill.

Could it be done with hand methods and without using SMT machines?

Under a few rare conditions, such as low pin count PLCC packages,
yes. I've done it. However, I've never been entirely happy with the
results. SMT desolder/resolder equipment is still the best possible way
to do SMT repair and rework.

If you're looking for equipment to do so that won't require a
second mortgage to finance, look he

http://www.madelltech.com

Happy hunting.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com