Posted to alt.home.repair
Greg O

Default galvanized pipe for gas

"Ken" zab1116_at_yahoo.com wrote in message
news
Saw the black pipe for water question, how about the other way around?

My house has some galvanized pipe used for gas. Have had some opinions
that the gas would corrode this pipe and only black is appropriate.
The city indicated that using galvanized for gas was not a code
violation though.

--

I would not worry about it. Our city follows International Mechanical Code.
I wish I had my code book handy so I could cite right out of the codes, but