Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default is venting your dryer to the house O.K in winter?

Yep, it can work, as it has worked for me.
BUT, see my post above. If you vent too much into the house at a time,
you can cause major problems with your structure, as well as reduce the
efficiency of the dryer (since the house air will be much more
moisture-laden and the clothes won't dry as well). If you can spread
your laundry to a load a day or less often, you could be OK. If you
start getting condensation on the windows, you may be overdoing it. If
the house insulation has no vapor barriers, you need to be careful
(especially on the north or shaded sides, which never get sun-warmed,
and therefore frozen moisture could remain all winter long.)

I know there are humidifiers for furnaces, but the indoor venting of a
dryer has the potential to put huge amounts of moisture into the
building in a very short time.