Posted to rec.woodworking
Patrick Conroy

Default Air Borne Dust Hazzard, for your consideration and comments

ScRaPLeR wrote in
:

What do you guys think. I have one of these systems. Am I hurting
myself and my shop by running it.

I read this some time ago and *still* bought an overhead air cleaner just
last week.

Common sense indicates:
a) Use a good collector to prevent as much dust as possible from becoming
airbone. This is everything from a decent DC/Cyclone to decent filters/bags
to extras like overhead blade guards. Do what you can to prevent your DC
system from being a source of dust getting pumped back into the air.
b) Use an appropriately sized air cleaner to pull some dust out of the air.
Exhaust appropriately if you're worried about recirculation.
c) Wear a respirator.
d) Wear a quality respirator
e) Wear a quality, properly fitted respirator
f) See (c) (d) and (e)