Posted to alt.home.repair
Matt

Default Drilled 3/16" hole into sewer vent - is there much of a problem?

Zeppo wrote:
A few years ago I drilled a 3/8" hole through my family room floor and
garage ceiling to run back speaker cables to the other side of the room. I
didn't realize I had drilled directly between the conductors of a run of 10
gauge romex until I started pulling the speaker wires through and hit a kink
in one of them which tore the romex insulation enough to short the
conductors.

The fire was put out very quickly. Impressive sparkly light show, however.

Jon

"Matt" "No Email" wrote in message
Hey everyone, so I was installing one of those
wall anchors in the hallway closet, the ones that
go into drywall and expand once you place a screw
in it. Well as the subject says, I drilled a hole
into the vent running from the downstairs bathroom
up to the roof. What are the odds of that??

So, is there any problem with fumes, hazardous or not,
seeping out between the drywall?

I think the anchor and the screw plugged the hole.

Thanks for your time,
Matt

Yeah, it would be nice to have the plans to the house, but KB
is being stingy due to fear of copy cats building companies.
I wish that it would just have where the plumbing and wiring
are laid out. I don't care about all the structural numbers
just some dimensions.

I hope it wasn't an expensive lesson learned.

Matt