Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default Air Borne Dust Hazzard, for your consideration and comments

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:24:33 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I wear a dust even with both my high effeciecy cyclone dust collector
and an ambient air filter but I feel that my tool and surfaces in the
shop benefit at least a little from the air filter. I also use three
phase filtering on the ambient air system. 1. a 3M type furnace
filter, the 2. 5-20 micron filter then 3. the Hepa sheet and all three
get dirty after about 12 hours of contineous use. So I guess what
still have me puzzled is the fact that I AM capturing a lot of dust to
get out of the shop and is this not a good thing in the long run?

I think they are just saying it gives a false sense of security; rather than
that it is doing harm.

I understood it to "suggest" that it could be harmful because it catches small
stuff and then recirculates it...

If that's true, I'm probably doing it right since my filter (box fan with
pleated filters) exhausts through the window??

Min reason for it anyway is to cut down on the dust on things in the shop and it
does that... really important when we move to Mexico, since the shop will be IN
the house..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing