Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default Air Borne Dust Hazzard, for your consideration and comments

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:59:27 GMT, John Girouard wrote:

wrote:
Toller wrote:

As the article points out, the heavy stuff never makes it up to the air
cleaner.
Yet my filters get plenty dirty. They must be filtering something out, and
since only the light stuff goes up, it must be the light stuff! I am
satisfied.

Your unit is about 7 to 10 feet above the ground and your nose is about
5 to 6 feet above the ground, so you get all dust in the nose first and
the unit get the rest, so wear a mask while sanding or sawing.
Maxen

Umm... my 'unit' is more in the 2 to 3 foot off the ground range.

-John in NH

Doesn't that depend on angle and gravity, or something like that?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing