Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default Harbor Freight DC

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:47:15 GMT, "Jimmy" wrote:

I've read about some of you owning a Harbor Freight dc. How loud is it? Are
bags for less than 30 microns available? I've been looking at the 2hp model
( http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=45378 ).
I see they also offer a 1hp model (
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=1674 ).
More expensive, is there a big difference?

Thanks in advance.

In a 2 car "shop", it's pretty loud... and draws a LOT of juice...
With the DC and a Saw running it sounds like I'm making one hell of a racket,
but the neighbors across the street (where the garage door points all the noise)
say that the saw is louder than the DC, so I guess it isn't too bad..

I put it on it's own circuit because it dimmed all the shop lights when I
powered it up...
I also put it in a corner and leaned a couple of insulating ceiling panels
against it to block some of the noise..

OTOH, it's quieter than my compressor.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing